- Created: 19 November 2015 19 November 2015
MONTE VISTA, Colo. – Log trucks continue to haul beetle-killed timber on several roads managed by the Rio Gande National Forest. Roads accessing active timber sales are plowed during the winter. People driving these roads should be alert to log truck traffic and only park in pullouts that do not disrupt two-way traffic. Forest roads with log truck traffic include:
· NFSR 118 (Trujillo Meadows Road) has been closed for safety reasons due to logging operations.
· NFSR 410/430 (Shaw Lake Road) until the end of December.
· NFSR 523/524 (Middle Creek Road).
· NFSR 515/516/514 (Hermit Lakes and Black Mountain area).
Additionally, logging may begin on the Gold Nugget Timber Sale in early 2016. Log trucks would use NFSR 345/350.2B (Del Norte Peak Road) when operations begin on that sale.
For more information, contact the Rio Grande National Forest Supervisor’s Office at 719-852-5941 or view the latest forest road conditions at www.fs.usda.gov/riogrande.