- Created: 01 November 2017 01 November 2017
The public has until December 29 to review and comment on the proposed forest plan.
The forest plan guides all management decisions and activities on the Rio Grande National Forest.
MONTE VISTA, Colo., October 6, 2017—Rio Grande National Forest will hold four public meetings concerning the draft forest plan and environmental impact statement during the first two weeks of November. The doors will open 30 minutes before the meeting start time.
Representatives from the Forest will present an overview of the draft forest plan and environmental impact statement, and answer questions from the audience. Meeting participants will have an opportunity to review maps and have further discussions with Forest Service employees following the presentation.
The meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Wednesday. November 1 at the Creede Community Center from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 2 at the Rio Grande County Annex from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 8 at the Guadelupe Parish Hall in Conejos from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 9 at the Saguache Community Building 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The draft documents are available for review and comment online. The 90-day comment period began on Friday, September 29, 2017 and will end on Friday, December 29, 2017.
For more information, visit the Rio Grande National Forest website at www.fs.usda.gov/riogrande or contact Erin Minks, Forest Planner, at 719-852-6215.