- Created: 29 April 2014 29 April 2014
SOUTH FORK, COLORADO — Join us May 3rd from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the South Fork Visitor’s Center. Bring work gloves, rake, loppers, and shovels. Lunch and drinks will be provided.
· Learn how fire embers can cause your house to burn and how to protect your home
· Participate in a project that reduces wildfire risk at the Visitor’s Center
· Learn sandbagging techniques for post-fire flooding impacts
· Visit with the Fire Department, Red Cross, and County about disaster preparedness
This event sponsored by Rio Grande County, the Colorado State Forest Service, the South Fork Fire Protection District, American Red Cross, the Army Corps of Engineers, Office of Emergency Management, Colorado Division of Fire Protection and Control, FireWise and Fire Adapted Communities, and RWEACT (the Rio Grande Watershed Emergency Action Coordination Team).
RWEACT -- together with the Rio Grande National Forest -- brings together local, state and federal partners as a collective to address fire-caused natural hazards and impacts on human life, property, community economies, and the health of the Rio Grande Watershed following the West Fork and Papoose Fires.